My Ongoing Journey



    The current pandemic has pushed the academe to strive in looking for alternative ways to ensure that students attain education amidst such crisis. Immediate action of the Department of Education has resulted in the concept of online and modular learning as an alternative solution to the educational crisis being experienced in present times. Due to this, students have been subjected to unfamiliar learning environments  wherein it is mandatory for them to adapt in order to survive the school year.

    Learning inside the comfort of our homes sounded really exciting at first,  but it is really that simple? Simple for some but not all have the same opinion on this matter. In fact, its advantages for students are a handful and so is it's disadvantages.



    As a student, I couldn't help but feel excitement in the opening of virtual classes. After a long time of doing nothing inside the comfort of my home during the pandemic, I finally get to satisfy my eagerness to learn. Learning in the comfort of our home felt truly very comfortable. I could learn in my own pace and develop my skills. I also felkt like a had a lot of time to do the assigned tasks because I was staying at home. Another one of the perks of modular and online learning is that students who are not outspoken can easily coordinate their queries to their teachers by personal messaging. There is more to these modalities than what I thought of before classes started.


    In contrast, the advantages of these modalities are also extreme. The excitement I felt during the first few weeks of distance learning turned to stress. The number of tasks eventually became overwhelming and some tasks were high above my capabilities as a student. Distance learning is comfortable but for me, the comfort I feel makes me open to distractions. I have a hard time focusing on studying at home. Support and guidance of parents is vital in distance learning for they should serve as our teachers at home but not all students have available parents. It must be taken into consideration that not all parents have free time to focus on their children. Distance learning is doubtlessly advantageous but it's disadvantages must never be set aside.


    Distance learning is great because it is attainable and it fills the lack of education during the crisis but it also has downsides that cannot be set aside. This  pandemic has opened my eyes on how privileged we were to be able to attend face to face classes before the pandemic. The academe's current situation has helped me focus on the importance of education. Despite the disadvantages we  may be subjected to, we must all strive to learn because that is our education system's main goal. The department of education's main goal is to provide education for all so we must all strive to utilize the most of it.

References:

Mean-Chin(2020), Students new normal way of learning, Unique Philippines, retrieved in December 9,2020. Retrieved at: https://www.uniquephilippines.com/students-new-normal-modular-distance-learning/#:~:text=What%20are%20the%20common%20disadvantages%20of%20Modular%20Distance
,see%20to%20be%20as%20one.%20More%20items...%20

https://newline-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Distance-Learning.png

https://www.eleutian.com/uploads/images/LearnENG_teacher.jpg

https://www.ingeniumweb.com/in/images/advantage-and-disadvantage-of-e-learning/4111.png



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viva Juana! Pandemya'y Kayang-kaya!

A Gift Of Freedom

To Rise with Resilience