Finally, Moving Forward

 


I cannot count how many ties I have uttered the words, “distance learning is very hard". There is no lie in that phrase but now that I think of it, that phrase is one of the main reasons why distance learning is hard. Thinking of it as “hard" did not help but rather made it harder. Now that the school year is at it's end, I have realized that distance learning is rather challenging than hard. It has taught me many lessons that will surely be helpful in life, namely, patience, perseverance, time management, and understanding. 4th quarter is the final quarter of every school year. Normally, during the previous years wherein face to face classes were possible, I would be less motivated and hardworking during this period. However, I have noticed that I now have a stronger drive to continue to do my tasks not only in TLE subject but also in other subjects. I believe that this change been caused by the behaviors that were mandatorily incorporated to us, students, to meet the demands of this new way of learning. All in all, distance learning is not that bad but our minds tend to make it seem bad for it is not what we are used to.

 

As a student, I have shortcomings in every subject and ICT is not an exception. During the 4th quarter of learning, I have experienced difficulties understanding our lessons mainly because of lack of discussion and materials. In fact, I have experienced difficulty understanding some of our lessons throughout the school year. I am one of the few students who does not own a laptop or pc so it is really difficult to accomplish some tasks and understand some lessons without required materials such as gadgets. Luckily, I have helpful classmates who helped me get through the school year. The closest comparison to my experience in the 4th quarter is a roller coaster ride. I could still visualize and remember the overwhelming feeling whenever I get to understand the lessons, but I could also remember the stress and pressure I feel whenever I don’t comprehend our lesson.

 


The pandemic has made everything more complicated and that is a fact we cannot change. What we can change is the way we see things. Students are all exhausted in answering modules and I feel that exhaustion as a student myself specially that it is now the last quarter. Instead of focusing on that exhaustion, I have learned to use it as a drive to continue and accomplish my task. I have successfully changed my mindset from, “ I'm exhausted and I cannot do my modules anymore" to, “ I am exhausted so I must finish soon". And that is all thanks to our challenging teachers who helped bring out the best in us. In situations wherein we feel that we are being held back by things that are out of our control, we must try our best to use these situations for our advantage.



References:

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/lifestyle/3939412-closing-book-dunn-center-library-gives-away-books-it-prepares-close

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-feeling-close-to-the-finish-line-makes-you-push-harder/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viva Juana! Pandemya'y Kayang-kaya!

A Gift Of Freedom

To Rise with Resilience